Ice Hockey // Urban photography

Tuesday 6 March 2012

I've been playing quite a bit of inline hockey again recently. It's something, along with ice hockey, I did when I was younger. I guess over the years it's been an on and off thing for me, but ultimately it has always been one of my biggest passions. A couple of months back I did a shoot for the MK Steamrollers. The Jokers are a team based near Hemel Hempstead and I have registered to play with them in the ball league. There are two disciplines of inline hockey. One is with a puck, and one is with a ball. The rules vary slightlyand ball is full contact, where as puck hockey is a bit faster but you can't hit people or bodycheck, so they both have their pluses and minuses. I find myself in a strange situation as i am registered to play puck for the MK Steamrollers, and ball league with the Jokers. The teams have squads in both leagues. This weekend just gone was MK Steamrollers v Jokers in the puck league, and we had some time before the puck dropped at face-off to get a few shots in.

I definitely took more shots with my Canon 5D MKII that day, than I did with my hockey stick!











Dan 

No comments:

Post a Comment